Safe Mode: Way to determine app issues
Safe mode starts the device without running any 3rd party applications. Some downloaded applications may cause your device to keep restarting itself, freezing, crashing, or sluggish. If the issues go away in safe mode, the problem is probably caused by a third-party app downloaded on your device.
To Enable Safe Mode:
If device is on:
1. Press the Power key
2. Touch and hold Power off
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. The phone will then reboot and Safe Mode will appear on the bottom left corner.
If device is off:
1. Press the Power button.
2. After the Motorola logo has shown on your screen, when the animation starts, press & hold the Volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your device starts in safe mode.
3. The phone will then reboot and Safe Mode will appear on the bottom left corner.
Find problem apps while on Safe Mode
To find problem apps in safe mode, use your device normally and see whether the problem goes away.
Note: You can use only original apps in safe mode, not any downloaded apps.
ISSUES GOES AWAY IN SAFE MODE
A downloaded app is most likely causing your problem. To see which app it is:
1. Uninstall recently downloaded apps one by one. After each removal, restart your device in normal mode and see whether it solved the problem.
Tip: Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
To remove an application:
Touch > Play Store > Menu > My apps & games
Touch the application that you want to remove
Touch Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK
2. After you remove the app that's causing the problem, you can reinstall the other apps that you removed.
Tip: You may want to make a list of the apps that you uninstalled.
3. To exit from safe mode, restart your device.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.