Setup and use notification tones - Moto G 3rd Generation
You can use default notification tones or explore other options to personalize your phone. Click here for details on adjusting Audio Alerts.
Choose Phone ringtones
- Touch Apps > Settings > Sound & notification > Phone ringtone. If the option is greyed out, make sure the handset volume is not set to Silent Mode.
- Select a ringtone from the list.
- Touch OK to select the ringtone.
Change the notification tone for Email
- Touch Apps > Email or Gmail.
- Touch Menu > Settings > touch the desired Email account.
- Touch Inbox, sound & vibrate > touch Sound.
- Select the desired tone, and touch OK to set as email notification tone.
Loading a custom ringtone
Connect the supplied USB cable into the device, then into a computer. Touch Apps > Storage > Internal storage. Drag and drop audio files from the computer into the Internal Storage > Ringtones folder.
To use custom sounds for other notification types, drag and drop audio files into the Internal Storage > Notifications folder.
Find more details on how to transfer files from the computer to the phone.
Set up ringtones using applications from Play store
While we do not endorse or guarantee these solutions, or provide support for them, some owners have reported success using 3rd party Android applications like Ringtone Maker or MP3 Ringtone Free. You can search the Play store for 3rd party applications that are available that will enable you to set up your personal ringtones.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.