Your device has several different lock options available. If a lock is set for your screen, the screen goes dark and locks when the display goes to sleep or if you press the Power button.
To access your lock options, touch Apps > Settings > Security > Screen lock > Screen Lock Options.
- Swipe - provides no protection, but lets you get to the Home screen quickly.
- Pattern - lets you draw a simple pattern with your finger to unlock the phone.
- PIN - requires four or more numbers. Longer PINs tend to be more secure.
- Password - requires four or more letters or numbers. This is the most secure option, as long as you create a strong password.
Important note: Your phone may contain security policies set by your IT administrator which may override any settings you attempt to set under screen security. Please contact your IT Admin for more information.
Smart locks allows you to keep your device unlocked when it's clear that you have your device with you - for example when it's connected to your Bluetooth watch, or when it recognizes your face.
This feature will allow your phone to remain unlocked while connected to Bluetooth devices that you trust.
To add a trusted Bluetooth device:
- Touch Apps > Settings > Security.
- Touch Smart Lock > Trusted devices > +Add trusted device.
- Ensure the Bluetooth accessory is discoverable.
- Enter the name for the connected device and touch OK.
If Trusted devices does not display, go to Settings > Security > Trust Agents > and turn on Smart Lock (Google).
This feature unlocks the device when it recognizes your face. After setting a trusted face, every time you turn on your device, it will search for your face and unlock the device when it recognizes you.
To set a trusted face:
- Touch Apps > Settings > Security > Smart Lock > Trusted face.
- Touch Set up, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Touch Next when you're done.
To improve how well your device recognizes you, touch Improve face matching, and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can enable your device to only show a certain app's screen using screen pinning.
Screen pinning can be useful if you want to play a game without accidently minimizing the app if you touch the Home button.
To pin a screen:
- Touch Apps > Settings > Security > Smart lock.
- Touch the Overview key .
- Touch the pin icon at the bottom.
- To exit from the pinned screen, touch and hold Back and Recent keys at the same time.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.