Reset the moto x pure edition
There are several ways to reset the device:
- A forced restart, which may resolve an unresponsive or blank display and does not remove any saved information
- A factory data reset, which uses menus to reset and remove any saved information
- An external factory data reset, which uses hardware keys to reset and remove any saved information
If the device is unresponsive or frozen, displays a blank or black screen, or will not respond when the power button is pressed, perform a forced restart.
Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for 10-20 seconds. The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Note: The forced restart does not delete any data stored on the phone.
Factory Data Reset
If you wish to remove all personal information from the device, or are experiencing software issues, perform a Factory Data Reset. This deletes any data stored on the phone.
- Touch .
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Backup & reset.
- De-select the Automatic restore option. (May need to turn on Back up my Data to turn off Automatic restore)
- Touch Factory Data Reset.
- Touch Reset Phone.
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.
Once you have reset your password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password.
- When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
- Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
Android 5.x (Lollipop)/Android 6.x (Marshmallow) Steps
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Recovery mode.
- Press the Power key to restart into Recovery mode.
- The screen will display an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power key, press and release the Volume Up key, then release Power.
- Use the volume keys to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to select it.
- Scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press the Power key to select it.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.