Import / Export Contacts for Google Drive Backup
To export contacts to a .vcf file and create a backup of your contacts:
- From the home screen, touch Contacts
- Touch in the upper right
- Select Customize View
- Touch All Contacts.
- Touch again.
- Touch Select All
- Touch Share
- Select Save to Drive
- Touch SAVE in the lower right hand corner.
The .vcf file is now stored on your Google Drive, and you have created a backup for your contacts.
To import contacts from a .vcf file and restore them to your device:
- Open the Drive application
- Locate your .vcf file
- Touch it and select your option for import
(We recommend your Google account to avoid duplicates that may have already came in from the account)
Your contacts have now been imported and should appear in your contact application. It can take a few minutes for all contacts to load if it is a large file.
- Contacts are exported in vcf (V Card) format.
- You need to set up an email account before you can import contacts.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.