What is safe mode and how do I use it ?
Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.
To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press the Power key
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
5. If the issue is resolved in safe mode, the cause appears to be a 3rd party app.
6. Simply power cycle the device to disable safe mode, and then go through the process of trying to identify and removing the problem application.
- Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.
- You may be required to re-add accounts such as Facebook and LinkedIn after initiating Safe mode. (Settings > + Add Account)
To remove an application:
Touch > Play Store > Menu > My apps
Touch the application that you want to remove
Touch Uninstall, then confirm by touching OK
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.