To Open the camera:
- Twist your phone twice from any screen to open the camera immediately.
- Touch > Camera.
- From the lock screen, swipe left.
Take a photo
1. Open the Camera
2. Frame your subject:
- To switch between front-facing and back-facing cameras, touch .
- To zoom, pinch in or out.
- To change the focus location, drag the focus ring.
- To change the exposure, slide the control on the focus ring to lighten or darken the shot.
3. Touch to take a photo.
- To shoot continuously, touch & hold ; your captures are counted on the shutter.
- To touch anywhere on the screen instead of using , swipe right to open settings and turn on Shutter type > Tap anywhere to capture.
- If the photo looks blurry, wipe the lens clean with a soft, dry cloth and retake the photo.
4. Swipe left to review your photos and videos:
- To view all thumbnails, touch the screen, then touch to open the Photos app.
- To view photos and videos later, touch > Photos.
- You can also view photos using other photo apps you installed.
Take a selfie
- On the viewfinder, touch to switch to the front camera. Or, twist your phone twice.
- If needed, adjust the beauty filter.
- To take the photo, do one of the following:
- Touch .
- Touch for a timer.
If you've got a large group, take a panoramic selife.
Take panoramic photos
The camera includes a Panorama mode that lets you create a single image by panning across a scene.
To take a panoramic photo:
- Swipe the viewfinder right to see settings.
- Touch > to turn on Panorama mode.
- Frame one side of the scene for your panorama.
- Touch the screen anywhere and, when prompted, slowly start panning across the scene. Keep your motion smooth and use a steady speed.
- When you reach the end of your scene, touch .
Take black & white photos
- On the viewfinder, touch > True B&W.
- If needed, adjust settings such as photo size or to use a timer.
- Frame your photo, then touch .
Take depth enabled photos
You can take photos that contain extra data, allowing you to swap out a background, add a splash of color, or change focus.
- On the viewfinder, touch > Depth enabled.
- Be sure you're within 2 meters (6 feet) of your subject. It's best if nothing is in the way and the subject stands out.
- Frame your photo, then touch .
indicates you can edit these photos to change the color, background, or focus.
Adjust basic settings
You'll see these frequently-used settings when you open the Camera:
HDR mode for high contrast
Switch modes: take video, slow-motion video, panoramic photos, or switch to Professional mode to manually control advanced settings like shutter speed, exposure, white balance, ISO, and focus.
Adjust advanced settings
Swipe right to change these camera settings:
- Shutter Sound: Turn sound on or off.
- Storage: Specify where new photos or videos are stored.
- Quick capture: Enable/disable Twist to open gesture.
- Location: Turn geo-tags on or off.
- Photo size (rear camera): Adjust file size and dimensions.
- Tap anywhere to capture: Touch anywhere on Camera to take pictures instead of .
To refine settings for a particular photo:
1. Frame your subject.
2. Touch > Professional mode.
3. Touch an icon to adjust an individual setting or touch to adjust them all.
4. Drag an icon to adjust its setting:
- Manual focus
- White balance
- Shutter speed
- ISO, the camera's sensitivity to light.
5. Do any of the following:
- To return to default settings, touch .
- To close settings, touch .
- To exit Professional mode and return to normal mode, touch > Photo.
Click here for details on sharing, editing, and deleting your photos or videos.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.