I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by removing the battery and re-inseringt it again.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset the device:
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset
Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
Tip: After power up we recommend you do NOT enter a Gmail account. This will ensure applications are not automatically downloaded. (Note: You will be able to enter your Gmail account later and reinstall your applications).
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.
Once you have reset your password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password.
- When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
- Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and POWER buttons until the device vibrates.
2. As soon as it vibrates, let go of the POWER button but keep the VOL DOWN button pressed.
3. You'll see a Lenovo boot screen and then a menu will appear in Chinese. Once that menu appears, let go of the VOL DOWN button.
4. Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll through the options until the option that says ""eMMC"" at the end is selected.
5. Once that option is highlighted, tap the POWER key.
6. After 5 seconds, the phone will reboot and reset.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.