How do I use Tap & Go?
When you set up your device, you can quickly copy any Google Accounts, backed-up apps, and data from your current Android device to your new Android device using Tap & Go.
Note: Your current device must be running Android 4.0 or higher and have NFC enabled.
When you're prompted to use Tap & Go during the setup wizard, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Turn on and unlock your current device.
- Make sure NFC is turned on for your current device.
- Briefly place your current device and your new device back to back until your hear a sound confirming the touch.
- When the screen on your current device says, "Copy accounts and data from this device?," touch OK. Keep in mind that Bluetooth will be used to complete this process.
- The screen on your current device will lock. Use your pin, pattern, or password to unlock it.
- When you get a notification on your current device that says, "New device setup completed," touch the notification.
Note: If you have 2-Step Verification set up for you Google Account or don’t have a screen lock set up on your new device, you'll be asked to enter your account password.
- When you're done, all your Google account data and associated apps will be available on your new device.
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.