I’m Moli, your virtual agent. I can help with Moto phone issues.
Clear cache partition - moto g2
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. (There may be an additional confirmation screen. Volume down to scroll to yes and power to select.
- Once the cache wipe completes, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.
Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.
- With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
- The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
- Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
- The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
- Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
- The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
- Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
- The device will then perform the partition wipe
- The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Was this information helpful?
Your feedback helps to improve this site.